Here’s one reason why you might want to -
In January 2012, Pinterest sent more traffic to websites than LinkedIn, Google Plus, Reddit, AND YouTube put together – according to Shareaholic.
If that startling fact doesn’t get your attention, how about this one?
Daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145% since the beginning of 2012 – Mashable
In my opinion, there are two main reasons people are flocking to use Pinterest. First, it is undeniably attractive to look at and browse through. Second, it’s incredibly easy to use. You don’t have to read or write much at all. And at a time when we’re bombarded with so many pages full of words, it’s a refreshing change to be able to simply look at and share lovely images. Videos are popular as always.
Will it work for your business?
I have hesitated to suggest Pinterest before because I know you have enough to do already! However, the continued growth of this new social media darling means you really cannot afford to ignore it.
Although we haven’t opened an account for Savvy Marketers, both Sam and I have set up individual accounts so you can have a look to see what we’re up to, and of course we’d be delighted if you’d follow us. (Sam is at pinterest.com/vintagetrading and I’m at pinterest.com/louisebj)
From personal experience I warn you now that Pinterest is incredibly addictive and can consume far too much time. You’ll need to be disciplined and keep it under control.
Plenty of articles have been written recently about using Pinterest, so rather than rehash what’s already out there, I recommend you read the following:
- Apply for an account (it only takes a couple of days to be accepted) and then read this step by step post to get started. Be sure to set up your profile properly (as Sam writes in this post)
- Watch this excellent webinar for some good ideas and tips [Video]
- To help you add pins of your own, here’s a list of useful tools.
- There are 56 Pinterest marketing ideas for your business in this post.
- If you’re interested in more facts about the meteoric rise of Pinterest, this infographic (from Infographic Labs) has plenty of them:
Are you on Pinterest? Put your url in the comments below so people can find and follow you!